Hello friends! Since Thanksgiving Is only less than a week away I thought it would be fun to share with you twenty two things I’m grateful for. Earlier this year for my birthday I posted on my Facebook page a list of some of my favorite things, so I thought I would share some of those on here. You might be asking why stop at twenty two? In all honesty I don’t think I could create a blog post sharing with you all of the things I’m thankful for because it would get too long, so because this year was the year I turned twenty two, I’m going with that. 🙂
22 Things I’m Thankful For:
In no specific order
- My wonderful family. My dad and mom, my older sister and brother in law, My two older brothers and two sister in laws, my two nieces, ( who are the cutest little ones in the world, ) and my younger brother.
- God’s written Word and how it reveals His character and that I may come to know Him more intimately and live a life wholly devoted to Him.
- Books – I absolutely love a good book and have discovered some that have greatly impacted my life.
- My friendships. My comic reliefs, pals, and partners in crime. For their love and encouragement in my own life and faithfulness in pressing me closer to Jesus – you know who you are.
- Fresh clean water – It’s one that can easily be taken for granted and I always seem to have some around me wherever I go.
- All four seasons, even though Summer and Autumn are my favorite!
- Cassie – Our beautiful German Shepherd. She’s been our family dog for nearly seven years and still she loves me the best. (She really does.)
- Ellerslie and the impact their ministry has been to me this year. I’m also thankful for the multiple times I’ve been able to be on campus and participate in the training.
- Eric and Leslie Ludy – for their wisdom and influence they have had in my life.
- Our lake and all the breathtaking sunsets I’ve gotten to experience and take in during the evenings.
- Tea – chai spice with a hint of cream is always a must have.
- The still, quiet times when I’m alone to reflect and ponder.
- The gift of art and how I’m able to bless others by this talent the Lord has given to me.
- The ability to sing and give praise to the Lord in worshipful song.
- Being brain tumor free as of seven years now – for all the doctors God used to remove it and also for the minor repercussions I have gained from having it.
- For continual laughter and all the moments I can still laugh at.
- A warm comfortable home and the protection it provides – ( another one I can take for granted. )
- My martial arts training and for my instructors who have poured out themselves for almost six years.
- For this blog and the blessing, encouragement and impact it has been upon my own life.
- Flying and the times I’ve gotten to travel to over 38 states. ( Someday I’ll make it to all 50. )
- Great health – for the decrease of migraines I had been experiencing. ( The Lord is so good! )
- And last but not least, Jesus and everything He has done in my life! For His loving kindness towards me. For His grace and mercy and the example He has led for me to follow. How he has molded me into the woman of God He so desires. For His faithfulness and steadfastness. For His continuous pursuit of a relationship with me. For all the times He has protected me from danger and the times He knew what was best for me. How He has thought me how to be content in my most difficult circumstances. For showing me that even in the crazy, chaotic culture we live in I can find true, lasting peace and joy that is only found in Him. That He sustains me. No matter the times I mess up , He is still there and always will be. I will always belong to Him. And that is the amazing gift of salvation, no one can take it away. He has and will never leave or forsake me. With Jesus, I have found joy, peace, purpose and life. He is everything that I need. And this is just the beginning of why I am so thankful for Jesus!
10 Verses I’m Thankful for This year:
Deuteronomy 31:8 “And the Lord, He is the One who goes before you. He will be with you, He will never leave you nor forsake you; do not fear nor be dismayed.”
Isaiah 26:3 “You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.
2 Corinthians 12:9-10 “And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecution, in distresses, fro Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”
Ephesians 3:20 “Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us.”
Philippians 4:19 ‘And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by God and Father.”
James 1:2-3 “My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.”
Romans 8:28 “And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.”
2 Peter 1:3 “As His divine power has given us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue.”
John 14:27 “Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”
Proverbs 3:5-6 “Trust in teh Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.”
“It is not joy that makes us grateful, it is gratitude that makes us joyful.” – Unknown